(Click here for the list of new features in Version 5.3.)
- Runs on Windows XP/Vista/7.
- Reads genealogical data from GEDCOM files. That means that you can use FamiliaBuilder™ with almost any genealogy program.
- Lets you create an album with still pictures, video/audio clips, PDF files and any other types of files.
- For each file, you can provide a description.
- You can link files to individuals and vice versa.
- Picture Tools let you edit (crop, resize, rotate, flip, balance), save and print still pictures.
- FamiliaBuilder™ supports group pictures: our rectangle tool lets you show where is each individual in the picture.
- In a video or audio clip you can mark a frame with a given person.
- Browse your album using customizable file lists and thumbnail galleries.
- You can divide your files to categories, e.g. documents, tombstone photos, newspaper clips and so on.
- Select which personal data items (such as birth, marriage and death date/place; education; occupation; residence etc.) are displayed for each person.
- Privacy protection: Select which of the above data items are hidden for living individuals or hide living individuals altogether.
You can also hide specific individuals.
- Contact info: You can put email and personal web page addresses as links on the family tree.
- After you have entered all your data, FamiliaBuilder™ generates an elegantly-looking,
fully cross-linked web site, with a customizable first page, index of names, family tree,
optional personal pages, picture pages, file lists and thumbnail galleries.
You can view the resulting pages directly from FamiliaBuilder™, using the embedded web browser.
- The web pages can be built in a number of languages. Currently, English, Dutch, Portuguese and Spanish are supported. More languages can be added on request.
- A choice of family tree formats: "Outline", "Descendant Tree", CollapsiTree™.
- Selectable fonts, colors and backgrounds.
- If your GEDCOM contains sources, they can also be shown on your site.
- You can upload FamiliaBuilder™-created web pages as a stand-alone Web site or as a part of a larger site.
- Alternatively, you can view your site off-line and send FamiliaBuilder™-created web pages to your family.
- Built-in SmartUpload utility allows you to upload only new or changed files.
- The software includes a test family file with cat pictures and their imaginary family tree.